The Old Bell Hotel COVID 19 statement
Based on Government Guidelines for the Hospitality Industry
Re-opening on the 4th July 2020
The Old Bell Hotel SafeStay has developed a program that will introduce a new standard of hotel cleanliness and disinfection to ensure our guests enjoy an even cleaner and safer stay. The program includes professional disinfectant brands of products trusted for safely disinfecting surfaces. The Old Bell Hotel Safestay builds upon already high standards of housekeeping and hygiene. The Old Bell Hotel SafeStay 24hrs Room Seal will enable us to prepare your room with extra hygiene protocol, which means that your room would not have been used the day prior your arrival.
- Extra disinfection of top 10 high touch areas in guest rooms including light switches, door handles, toilet flush, toilets seat, TV remote control, telephones, coffee machines, kettles, shower and basin taps,
- Increased cleaning frequency of public areas
- Guest-accessible hand sanitiser and wipes at entrances and high traffic areas
- No paper amenities (like pads and guest directories) in rooms
- Pre ordered breakfast (No buffets or in-room dining)
- Express check-in and check-out (all pre-paid)
- Enhanced Team Member safety and well-being with personal protective equipment and enhanced training and protocols
- One Way system for our bar and restaurant
- One-point entry to our hotel situated at the Front of the Hotel. Back entrance only used to exit the Hotel
- Restaurant and lounges access on reservations only
- No Daily Housekeeping. Guests staying 3 nights and over will have their rooms service on the 3rd night
- Credit Cards only accepted
Current Health and Hygiene Standards. We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. Given the effects of COVID-19, we have taken additional measures in our hotel. Our hotel team will be receiving ongoing briefings and enhanced operating protocols.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning our public areas (including lounges, door handles, public bathrooms, etc.)
- We will continue to adjust food and beverage service in accordance with current food safety recommendations. Bar and restaurant service hours will be affected. Please call us on 01666 822 344
- No manned reception desk (online or telephone ONLY)
- We have increased the deployment of hand sanitizers.
- Some of our team members have been asked to work from Home
What to Expect During Your Stay. As you know, the way we travel looks a little different right now, so we wanted to ensure you had the latest list of what to keep in mind when you prepare to travel next. Please call us.
- Social Distancing. Social Distancing continues to be a recommended or required practice in public settings. We’ve adjusted common areas to help guests adhere to these guidelines. During your stay, please be mindful of other guests and Team Members and maintain the suggested six feet of distance.
- Masks and Other Protective Equipment. Mask are not a requirement in the UK, however, all our staff will wear gloves. We do recommend bringing gloves with you and mask should you wish to.
- Hotel Services and Amenities. For your safety, some services or amenities such as meeting rooms, restaurants bar and daily housekeeping may be modified or suspended. Please call us for further info